This is an in-depth 2-day course covering the important functions and tools of Microsoft’s Power BI, a business analytics tool for stunning visuals, extracting, transforming & analyzing data, collaborating & decision making.
This course trains participants to extract data from multiple systems or sources, cleanse data, combine data, connect data, build visualizations (dashboards), publish visualizations, managed the datasets, reports & dashboards in workspaces using Power BI web version and Power BI Desktop version.
Who Must Attend
Data miners, data analysts, business intelligence executives, project managers, revenue managers, finance managers, journalists & those who are performing roles related to data mining, data analysis, data preparation for end-reports, reconciliations, data cleansing, appending & merging files of multiple systems, creating and publishing dashboards and making informed decisions from company data.
This course is suitable for participants who are intermediate Excel users or above.
MODULE 1 : OVERVIEW ON IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF POWER BI
- Understanding the multiple data sources under ‘Get Data’
- Dashboards, reports & datasets in Workspace
The Report view, Data view & Relationship view on Power BI Desktop
MODULE 2 : USING THE QUERY EDITOR IN POWER BI
- Understanding ETL- Extract, Transform & Load
- Getting data from data sources
- Merging, Appending, Combining Files
- Removing rows & columns
- Replacing values in columns
- Pivoting & unpivoting data
- Formatting data in columns
- Merging columns
- Creating customized columns
- Indexing columns
Inserting calculations in columns
MODULE 3 : CREATING VISUALIZATIONS IN POWER BI
- Using the Power BI Desktop & Power BI Service
- Adding visualizations to the Report Canvas
- Using Data view to sort & format data
- Designing your dashboard & creating column, bar, pie, line graphs, cards, matrices, KPIs, tables, geographical maps, ArcGIS maps
- Inserting slicers into the dashboard
- Using inline hierarchies
- Applying filters to dashboards
- Creating desktop & mobile view layouts
- Pinning tiles & live pages
- The Power BI Publisher for Excel
- Pinning Excel elements to Power BI
- Generating Quick Insights
- Using the Q&A feature
- Using App Workspace
- Publishing an App
- Creating QR codes
- Sharing reports on SharePoint
- Downloading & setting up the Power BI Mobile
- Viewing & annotating pages in Power BI Mobile
MODULE 4 : DATA MODELLING IN POWER BI
- Relational files & the Data Model in Power BI
- Understanding & creating data relationships
MODULE 5 : USING DAX IN POWER BI
- Creating a calculated column
- Using Measures
- Using New Quick Measures
- SUM, SUMX, CALCULATED, &&, RELATED, FILTER
Participants work on datasets ranging from conventional data to big data during the 2-day training. They undergo strict step-by-step instruction-led coaching to achieve the intended outcome of each dataset for each of the course modules.
This course covers the installation of Power BI Desktop.
Required setup: Power BI Desktop, web browser, Excel 2016, email address from a company domain (not free email accounts from gmail or yahoo), broadband access.
Chartered Accountant, FCCA
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
HRD Corp Certified trainer
Vincent has held financial, continuous improvement and I.T. positions in the banking, shared services and hospitality industry. He is a FCCA, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialist and HRD Corp accredited trainer. His previous roles include being an internal change consultant of a global team, a financial shared-services local head and a finance regional head. He currently trains professionals in Excel and Lean Six Sigma covering topics related to finance, business intelligence tools, pivot tables, dashboards, VBA and process improvement.
Vincent brings to you his 20 years’ of work and training experience in multiple industries where he was in charge of financial and business reengineering functions. He also develops complex VBA applications regularly in process improvement projects which requires his expertise.
One of his highest achievements in the role of a Financial Controller for several multinational conglomerates, he was being able to turn a loss making company into a profitable one within the year. Vincent has also managed a portfolio of business improvement projects with realized benefits of USD2 million in the prior year in an international bank.
Vincent has trained employees from Genting Group, Dell, Motorola, Technip, CIMB, Malakoff, Digi, IBM, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Petronas ICT, HSBC.
Vincent adapts a highly practical approach in his training and relates topics he conducts to real life scenarios. Because he is a no-nonsense person, his solid background in financial operations and process re-engineering experience aid him to create a unique training methodology that mimic closely the solutions that are needed in his participants’ organizations.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,790.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,090.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive an E-Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123