This is an in-depth 2-day course covering the important functions and tools of Microsoft’s Power BI, a business analytics tool for stunning visuals, extracting, transforming & analyzing data, collaborating & decision making.
This course trains participants to extract data from multiple systems or sources, cleanse data, combine data, connect data, build visualizations (dashboards), publish visualizations, managed the datasets, reports & dashboards in workspaces using Power BI web version and Power BI Desktop version.
Who Must Attend
Data miners, data analysts, business intelligence executives, project managers, revenue managers, finance managers, journalists & those who are performing roles related to data mining, data analysis, data preparation for end-reports, reconciliations, data cleansing, appending & merging files of multiple systems, creating and publishing dashboards and making informed decisions from company data.
This course is suitable for participants who are intermediate Excel users or above.
9.00 am - 5.00 pm
MODULE 1 : OVERVIEW ON IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF POWER BI
- Understanding the multiple data sources under ‘Get Data’
- Dashboards, reports & datasets in Workspace
The Report view, Data view & Relationship view on Power BI Desktop
MODULE 2 : USING THE QUERY EDITOR IN POWER BI
- Understanding ETL- Extract, Transform & Load
- Getting data from data sources
- Merging, Appending, Combining Files
- Removing rows & columns
- Replacing values in columns
- Pivoting & unpivoting data
- Formatting data in columns
- Merging columns
- Creating customized columns
- Indexing columns
Inserting calculations in columns
MODULE 3 : CREATING VISUALIZATIONS IN POWER BI
- Using the Power BI Desktop & Power BI Service
- Adding visualizations to the Report Canvas
- Using Data view to sort & format data
- Designing your dashboard & creating column, bar, pie, line graphs, cards, matrices, KPIs, tables, geographical maps, ArcGIS maps
- Inserting slicers into the dashboard
- Using inline hierarchies
- Applying filters to dashboards
- Creating desktop & mobile view layouts
- Pinning tiles & live pages
- The Power BI Publisher for Excel
- Pinning Excel elements to Power BI
- Generating Quick Insights
- Using the Q&A feature
- Using App Workspace
- Publishing an App
- Creating QR codes
- Sharing reports on SharePoint
- Downloading & setting up the Power BI Mobile
- Viewing & annotating pages in Power BI Mobile
MODULE 4 : DATA MODELLING IN POWER BI
- Relational files & the Data Model in Power BI
- Understanding & creating data relationships
MODULE 5 : USING DAX IN POWER BI
- Creating a calculated column
- Using Measures
- Using New Quick Measures
- SUM, SUMX, CALCULATED, &&, RELATED, FILTER
Participants work on datasets ranging from conventional data to big data during the 2-day training. They undergo strict step-by-step instruction-led coaching to achieve the intended outcome of each dataset for each of the course modules.
This course covers the installation of Power BI Desktop.
Required setup: Power BI Desktop, web browser, Excel 2016, email address from a company domain (not free email accounts from gmail or yahoo), broadband access.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 + 6% SST|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 + 6% SST|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,890.00 + 6% SST|
(Fee inclusive of Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
Fee is NOT INCLUSIVE of 6% SST
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.