Bulk Liquids Storage is very significant and complex element of Petroleum Industry. It requires strict compliance of applicable standards and regulations for ensuring safe operations. The API 653 Above Ground Storage Tank Inspection Program is designed to equip individuals with knowledge base relating to inspection, repair, alteration and reconstruction of above ground storage tanks. This program benefits employers and the industry as a whole.
Upon completion of this course, participants shall have a better understanding of the technology related to petroleum tanks within the industry. Having this knowledge will help each delegate develop confidence and professional enthusiasm, therefore, increasing their efficiency. The knowledge that participants will gain from this course will be further expanded by on-job training and practical experience they will receive throughout the duration of their career.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Learn about tank inspection features and essentials
- Appreciate the significance of Tank Farms’ integrity
- Develop understanding of the relevant types of storage tanks and their associated terminology
- Appreciate the governing equations associated with tank inspection
- Learn about tank safety issues
- Appreciate failure mechanisms including corrosion
- Learn about tank standards and codes
Who Must Attend
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Energy/ Oil & Gas professionals who are keen to attain a holistic and integrated overview of the inspection of bulk liquids storage
- Tank Farm and Refinery Employees
- HSE Staff
- Professionals involved in Petroleum Storage and Logistics
- Business Development, ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) and Corporate Planning Professionals
DAY 1: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
MODULE 1: Types of Storage Tanks at Tank Farms
- Atmospheric Storage Tanks
- Low Pressure Storage Tanks
- Cone Roof (closed-top) tanks
- EFR - External Floating Roof with open top
- IFR – Internal Floating Roof tanks with a closed top
MODULE 2: Storage Tanks Construction and Inspection Standard
- API Standards
- ASME Standards
- ASTM Standards
- STI Standards
- UL Standards
MODULE 3: Codes and regulation
MODULE 4: Scope of API 653
- Inspection, Alteration, Reconstruction
- Inspection Practices for Storage Tanks
- Storage tank inspection
DAY 2: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
MODULE 5: Inspection and Test Plan for Storage Tanks
- Inspection and Test Plan for Storage Tanks
- Frequency of Inspection
- Risk Based Inspection)
MODULE 6: Important codes and tools for tank integrity management
- API 580-581 Risk based Inspection Planning
- API 571 damage mechanism
- Fit-For-Service API 579
MODULE 7: AST corrosion monitoring and assessment
- Corrosion Rate
- Minimum Required Tank Thickness
- Remaining life of the tanks
DAY 3: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
MODULE 8: Confined (Enclosed) Space
- Confined Space Entry
- Safe entry priorities
- Good Practices for Safe Entry
MODULE 9: AST Inspection
- Preparing for inspection
- External and Internal Inspection
- Inspection Hot Spots
- In-service Inspection
- Tanks inspection during shutdown
Case Studies/ Exercises/ Examples
GROUP EXERCISE ON CASE STUDY (Case study may also be shared by participants from their Workplace.)
- Peer review: How good was your analysis?
- Assessment & feedback on Group Exercise by Trainer
CLOSING : Recap of the three-day course content
This course provides a very enriching learning experience to the participants and encourages them to actively participate in the proceedings. The 2-way communication principle is adopted whereby the delegates learn from the industry experience of the Trainer and at the same time are given opportunity to express their views and ideas. Depending on the expertise and capability of participants they would even be encouraged to present the learning during the course by themselves with a view to optimize the retention of the knowledge shared by the Trainer/ Facilitator.
The instructional format capitalizes on a careful balance of formal lectures by the Trainer and individual/ group exercises/ workshops. The Program will use following learning methods/ techniques:
- PowerPoint presentations and Lectures
- Daily Quizzes to determine the retention of knowledge and encourage attentiveness
- Exercises/ workshops/ Case studies to develop understanding of the topics covered
- Delegates will be encouraged to take active part in discussions and express their views/ ideas.
- Presentations by the participants to give them confidence and for determining their understanding of the contents taught.
MUHAMMAD SALIM JANDULA
MS Industrial Engineering Mississippi State University
MBA from Institute of Business Administration
BE Mechanical Engineering from NED University of Engineering & Technology
Jandula is a Professional Development Trainer/ Speaker and a Mentor. He speaks on Operational Excellence, Safety Leadership and Oil and Gas Business Dynamics.
Jandula has demonstrated Safety Leadership, Training & Development, Mentoring and Communication Skills during his 30 years Operational and Training experience in Energy/ Oil & Gas and Manufacturing sectors. Apart from imparting Training, he has held Practical Leadership Roles in Plant Operations, Joint Ventures, Field Management and Procurement & Logistics.
A Professional Mechanical Engineer with Masters from USA and an MBA, Jandula has collaborated/ worked with Global Players/ Multinationals like Eni, OMV, MOL, PGNig, PPL (Formerly Burma Oil Company UK), and Al-Futaim UAE etc. Following are some of his major achievements:
- Ensured integrity of Plants and Pipeline network and achieved the hallmark of Three Million Safe Man-hours with no lost time Injury Frequency (LTIF) and 99.99% Station Reliability of State of the art Plant.
- Managed 13 E&P (Exploration and Producing) Industrial Assets and increased the profitability by 7% through effective Assets Integrity Management Systems and Optimized Operations.
- Managed 425 MMCFD Gas Field with 150 KM Pipeline Network and Compression / Dehydration and Processing Plants.
A partial list of delegates in his previous programs/ conferences include companies such as:
Among his participants, Jandula is known for his pleasing personality and applicable tools and interactive style of presentation.
He is able to cross refer the training contents with the real life work situations and uses a wide variety of specific industry case studies. He encourages the delegates to actively participate in the proceedings and uses workshops and role play models to enable the participants grasp the concepts and apply in their respective work areas when they go back to work after attending the trainings.
#1: “Very satisfied with the training instructor as well as all the materials and facilities made available for the training” Aderito Metavele, Petroleum Engineer, ENH Mozambique
#2: “The training was very good and I learnt a lot of things in incident investigation” Alberta Banze, MITADER Mozambique
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1,890.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123