Incident analysis tools take the information obtained by the investigation process and use this to identify underlying, systemic causes. The depth of the analysis can vary from superficial factors close to the immediate causes, to deeper underlying causes and failures. These may include latent failures (e.g. a failure in design) and cultural analyses of why an organization allowed an incident to happen. Root Cause Analysis is an analysis methodology to uncover underlying causes, which is usually based on a predefined list of causal categories.
This Five-Day course provides delegates with an overview of Root Cause Analysis in incident investigation and gives them the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate an effective RCA. The participants would also learn a number of tried and tested methods to help identify the causes leading to the incident.
Such as the Influence & Causal Factors, Charting, the ‘5 Why’s’, ‘Fishbone’ or ‘Ishikawa’ Cause & Effect and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA).
Each of these methods is in widespread use throughout industry with their pedigrees going back to the early 1970’s. The case studies analyzed during the workshop would develop the participants into Professional Investigators and let them grasp how to use RCA techniques to prevent the occurrence of any future incidents.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Manage change and how to implement Reliability/Integrity improvement projects
- Learn how to solve problems systematically by using a proven structured approach
- Understand the various RCA tools & techniques & their respective benefits
- Appreciate the Human Reliability and various techniques to improve / manage
- Implement measures to ensure gains are produced and established for continuous improvement
- Recognize common barriers to RCA and apply techniques to overcome those barriers
Monitor and control the RCA process and ensure mitigating actions are delivered
Who Must Attend
- O&M (Operations and Maintenance) professionals who are keen to attain a holistic and integrated overview of RCA
- Project Managers, Construction Managers
- Process Engineers, Production Engineers
- Instrumentation & Control Engineers
- Surface facilities design engineers
- Surface facilities operations engineers
- Plant managers and Supervisors
- HSE Managers and Supervisors
- Government Regulators, Insurers
- Support Functions Professionals, Procurement Managers
- ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Professionals
• Overview of Root Cause Analysis
• Safety Moment and Pre-Course Assessment to determine the understanding of delegates about RCA
• Course Objectives and Expectations
• What is RCA (Root Cause Analysis)?
• Why RCA?
• Benefits of RCA
• 5 WHYs in RCA
• Incident Categories
• Near Miss
• Case Study
• FTA - Fault Tree Analysis
• LOPC Release
• PSE – Process Safety Event
o Tier 1 PSI
o Tier 2 PSI
o Tier 3 PSI
• Swiss Cheese Model
• MOC – Management of Change
• ACTIVITY – Case Study on MOC
• Fire Dynamics
• Confined Spaces
• Bird’s Triangle
• Pareto Analysis
• ACTIVITY – Individual / Group activity on Vital Few and Trivial Many
• Fishbone Diagram
• Exercise on elaborating the causes of an incident
• MTTF and MTTR
• RCA Team Structure
• Formation of RCA Team
• Causation Models
• Interviewing and Report Writing
• ACTIVITY - Role Play / Syndicate Exercise
• From Root Cause to Prevention
• STRUCK-BY, CAUGHT-IN, CAUGHT-BETWEEN
• CASE STUDY (Group Exercise/Role Play)– Conducting interview for RCA
• Importance of sharing of lesson learn with all concerned
• Case Studies
• Peer review: How good was your analysis?
• GROUP EXERCISE ON CASE STUDY (Case study may also be shared by participants from their Workplace.)
• Assessment & feedback on Group Exercise by Trainer
CLOSING : Recap of the five - day course content
This course provides a very enriching learning experience to the participants and encourages them to actively participate in the proceedings. The 2-way communication principle is adopted whereby the delegates learn from the industry experience of the Trainer and at the same time are given opportunity to express their views and ideas. Depending on the expertise and capability of participants they would even be encouraged to present the learning during the course by themselves with a view to optimize the retention of the knowledge shared by the Trainer.
The instructional format capitalizes on a careful balance of formal lectures by the Trainer and individual/ group exercises/ workshops. The Program will use following learning methods/ techniques:
• PowerPoint presentations and Lectures
• Daily Quizzes to determine the retention of knowledge and encourage attentiveness
• Exercises/ workshops/ Case studies to develop understanding of the topics
• Delegates will be encouraged to take active part in discussions & express views.
Muhammad Salim Jandula is a Professional Development Trainer/ Speaker and a seasoned Oil and Gas Professional. He has demonstrated Safety Leadership, Training & Development, Mentoring and Communication Skills during his 30 years Operational and Training experience in Energy/ Oil & Gas and Manufacturing sectors. Apart from imparting Training, he has held Practical Leadership Roles in Plant Operations, Joint Ventures, Field Management and Procurement & Logistics.
A Professional Mechanical Engineer with Masters from USA and an MBA, Jandula has collaborated/ worked with Global Players/ Multinationals like Eni, OMV, MOL, PGNig, PPL (Formerly Burma Oil Company UK), and Al-Futaim UAE etc. A partial list of delegates in his previous programs/ conferences include companies such as:
- Petronas Malaysia
- GENCO Malawi
- SABIC Saudi Arabia
- ENGEN South Africa
- MITADER Mozambique
- EGAT- Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand
- IRPC Clean Power Company Limited Thailand
- ENH Mozambique
- NNPC Group Nigeria
Jandula has attended international professional development programs from Stanford University, USA, Crown Agents, UK and JCCP, Japan. He has also served as Conference Chairman and Speaker and delivered keynote addresses at the Global Conferences held in Vienna, Berlin, London, Riyadh and Abu Dhabi. Among his participants, Jandula is known for his pleasing personality, applicable tools and interactive style of presentation.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 5,370.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 3,870.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 3,570.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123