- Reduce consultancy costs.
- Faster throughput and a clear, proportionate approval process.
- Improve quality of decision making.
- Set clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment
- Construct a clear business case to make better business decisions.
- Consider a range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Craft compelling business plan
- Apply risk assessment techniques to forecast and mitigate issues
- Prioritize alternative solutions according to key decision criteria
- Present the business case to critical stakeholders
- Creating a persuasive executive summary
Who Must Attend
Business analysts, project managers and anyone who creates business cases to justify investment in a program, product or purchase, as well as business and technical evaluators who evaluate and report on business cases.
- Fundamentals of a business case
- Where the business case fits into the project life cycle
- Business case as an Organization Process Asset (OPA)
- Effective Executive Summary
- Project Initiative
- Strategic Alignment
- One project vs Multiple projects to achieve mission
- SMART objectives and key performance indicators
- Proving that benefits are realized
- How much details are required
- Harvesting stakeholder goals
- Clarifying the business drivers
- Applying the stakeholder perception matrix
- Creating the problem statement
- Turning goals into business requirements
- Identification and prioritization of alternative solutions
- Cost / benefit analysis
- Terminology and financial metrics
- Estimating techniques
- Process-related impacts
- People-related impacts
- System-related impacts
- Quantifying Implementation costs
- Quantifying Ongoing/operating costs
- Quantifying Benefits
- Estimating costs; Cost Estimation Worksheet
- Evaluating and selecting financial appraisal methods
- Forecasting benefits
- Categorizing tangible and intangible benefits
- Proving intangible benefits with a benefits rationale
- Creating and applying a basic cost model
- Employing four common financial analysis tools
- Producing a cash flow model
- Risk assessment methods and tools
- Recognizing the impact of time and risk
- Creating and using a risk register
- Applying a risk assessment matrix
- Prioritizing risks
- Framing risk with your stakeholder analysis
- Aligning risk evaluation with stakeholder point of view
- Delivering and positioning the solution
- Three common decision-making heuristics
- Aligning the business case with stakeholders
- Aligning and prioritizing initiatives
- Prioritizing and selecting alternatives
- Selecting the business case delivery methodology
- Preparing the document
- Overcoming the business document paradox
- Minimizing content to get maximum results
- Polishing the Executive Summary
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Organizing your presentation
- Revisiting key decision-maker hot buttons
- Preparing the message
- Sequencing the content
- Tailoring your presentation to the audience
- Selecting the delivery medium
- Communicating your case with confidence
- Generating feedback for improvement
This is an experiential training which integrates learning through videos, role plays, presentations, activities, business games, case studies, presentations, group discussions and reflection.
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak specialises in training leaders world class negotiations around the Globe. He has been actively developing customised trainings and conducted them in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, the UAE, Sudan, Mauritania and Turkmenistan.
Senior Negotiator, Lead trainer, he has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed to be a successful negotiation. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to take home valuable learnings useful for their next deal.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses.
Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
Since 2004, he has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
As an author, he has recently published his second book via Seaburn Publishing, New York, titled ‘Pre-Emptive Thinking – Managing Problems and Threats,’ that identifies why organizations continue to have problems at their middle management and operational levels in spite of all the systems and what has to be done to resolve this. Being the first book on this thinking, its reviewers expect it to have an international impact similar to creative and critical thinking. He is now writing his third book on Insights of International Strategic Negotiation.
To contact Barrak, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
I learnt a lot of added values." – Mohammad Shammaa, Sales Manager, Shaker Group-Kingdom of Saudi Arab-Kingdom of Saudi Arab
“We should have a tough mind. The skills of analyzing and planning. The trainer was great and professional.”–Walid Baccar, Regional Sales Manager, Shaker Group- -Kingdom of Saudi Arab
“I learned how to solve problems more effectively." –Mohydine Ramadan, Sales Manager, Shaker Group-Kingdom of Saudi Arab
“I learned to look at things from different perspectives.”– Tarek Koujou, Sales Manager, Shaker Group - #1 LG distributor in KSA--Kingdom of Saudi Arab
“The trainer Dr Barrak is so willing to share. I especially loved –People see your behavior, not your intention! I would highly recommend this training to everyone for better working environment, happier staff and better results.”Senior Project Manager, DHL Asia Pacific IT Services.
In house arrangement only.
Click here to Request for In house Quotation
Please contact us at +6012 6869 628 | +603 8074 9056
Payment must be 100% upfront upon confirmation.