Do you face any of these issues?
Are you hiring the right talents you need?
Do you want the confidence to ask the right questions to accurately select job candidates who can to perform the job?
Does your interview or hiring process lack consistency?
Do you know how to evaluate and integrate all the available data to make better hiring decisions?
Are you making hiring or interviewing mistakes?
You will be spending a fair amount of time on on questioning techniques and role-play to make the best hiring and selection decisions.
By the end of the Competency-based Behavior-based Interview workshop, delegate would be able to:
- Create behavior-based interview questions
- Improve their Questioning techniques by reconstruct and asking the right questions to draw out the potentials in interviewees
- Probe and questions to check for consistency in answers from interviewees
- More adept and able to read the body language of the interviewees
- Create competency requirements for any given position
- Understand why they should conduct behavioral interviews as they are many times more accurate than traditional interviews
- To understand the process of hiring and implications if hiring wrong people
- Identify and apply the principles of behaviour interviews and performance- based selection methods
- Enhance confidence and professioinal interviewing skills with effective communication strategies and behavioural interviews techniques
- Build interviewing skills and confidence
- Use the interview guide to prepare for and conduct an effective interview while making a positive impression on candidates to increase job acceptance rates.
- Gather and evaluate data on a candidate’s entire profile: experience, knowledge, competencies, and motivations for the right job match
- Make hiring decisions using candidate data evaluation and integration to hire successful candidates who are willing and able to perform the job.
Develop the competency of Decision Making
Who Must Attend
HR professionals, recruiters, development practitioners and line managers, and anyone who would like to conduct interviews more effective
- Design the Ideal Candidate Profile that concentrates on the list of competencies, knowledge, personality and specific qualities and culture of your particular organisational requirements
- Application and Job Description
- Candidate description – who are you looking for
- Learn to apply the shortlisted behavioral competencies (from hundreds), and know how to manage interviews to uncover behavior-based competencies.
- Preparing S.T.A.R. (competency-focused questions); e.g: Tell me about, Have you ever, What do you do when…?
- Situation: Describe the context within which you performed a task or faced a challenge in school/ college/ at work. For example, perhaps you were working on a group project, or you had a conflict with someone.
- Task: Describe your responsibility & role in that situation. Perhaps you had to help your group complete a project within a tight deadline, resolve a conflict with a friend, or hit a performance target.
- Action: You then describe how you completed the task to solve the problem. Focus on what you did, rather than what your team members, teacher, or coworker did.
- Result: Finally, explain the outcomes or results generated by the action taken by yourself. Emphasize what you accomplished, or what you learned or what you wished you did better.
- Targeted Questions to Ask During Interview: Types of Questions
- How to ask probing questions focusing on behaviour / competency
- How to refine your questions to get the answers that you wanted?
- Looking at what people actually want to do
- How body language plays a major role in giving away unspoken truth
- What body language is revealing about the candidates
- Confidence vs Inferiority postures
- How to spot ‘Truth’ from ‘Lie’ (Eyes don’t lie)
- Activity: The Untold Story from Non Verbal Cues
- The facilitator will run a short mock interview to demonstrate the interview model, participants are to evaluate the session by reviewing the session & practice how to tune into proof of competencies.
- Making a conducive and safe environment for candidates
- Ensuring candidates are comfortable and well-prepared instead of being anxious
- Studying the Candidate’s Background
- Assessing the candidate’s strength: Indications of attitude and initiative
- Studying the educational background
- Spotting portable assets
- Education, Personal history, Career goals and aspirations, Personal life and hobbies
- Listening to what is being said
- The reflective responses
- Feeling the facts
- Dealing with silence
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Yours vs Other’s DISC styles
- Understanding the behaviors associated to the DISC styles
- Interpreting the DISC styles
- Developing strategies for adjusting to the different DISC styles
- Evaluate a candidate’s competencies by employing various proven questioning methods.
- Feedback from the facilitator and peers
- Set up candidate’s Balance Sheet Form - information you need to make a sound selecting decision
- Assessment Criteria, Scores and Final Decision
- Review of Key Learnings Points
Delegates will actively participate in the process, learning and applying the concepts of behavioural base interviewing throughout this day, as they move from reviewing candidate materials through making a hiring decision.
Interactive presentation, Role play, Case Studies and Simulation
MR SYAMSUL F. AHMAD
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 1890.00 per pax|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
Fee is NOT INCLUSIVE of 6% SST
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH: You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.