• Do you want to feel confident writing reports, proposals and emails?• Do you sometimes stare at the blank page wondering how to churn out a great report that fits the management's requirements?• Do you want to brush up your grammar to ensure that your emails and reports are error free?If your answer is a resounding 'YES', then join this program and to starting writing confidently.How you write and what you write can greatly influence and motivate your target audience. The power of your effective writing skills contributes significantly to organisational productivity, efficiency and profitability in today’s rapidly changing business world.Meet the challenge of writing business correspondence. This Email and Report Writing skills course teaches skills you need to write and edit all types of business-related documents and win the confidence of your superiors, colleagues and customers.This course will provide you with the high-level skills necessary to communicate more effectively with your audience. Gain a competitive advantage and develop your ability to write more persuasive and reader-focused documents.
- Easily organize and structure emails and reports clearly
- Confidently write using appropriate style and tone
- Effectively write emails with impact and get quicker responses
- Clearly understand the art of business writing and how to produce results with the power of 'words'
- Conveniently learn to save time through proven tricks of the trade
- Quickly master the principles of good grammar and punctuation
Who Must Attend
This course is designed help you develop business writing skills to increase your efficiency in managing written work.
It is especially suitable for administrative managers, executives and senior managers who would like to enhance their professional writing skills for business.
MODULE 1: Adopting A Modern Writing Style
- Adopting the ABC of Business Emails - Active, Brief & Concise
- Structuring A Business Email – 4 Step Plan
- A good subject line and the introductory sentence
- Writing with a call to action
- Email writing task 1
MODULE 2: MAKE YOUR EMAIL EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND
- The right tone to get the intended results - Confident, courteous, demanding, etc
- The visual impact - Highlight important words – Numbering – Bullets
- Update your writing style
- Go straight to the point to cut reading time
- Use powerful language to get your point across
- Email writing task 2
MODULE 3: EMAIL ETIQUETTE & COMMON EMAIL ERRORS TO AVOID
- Forwarding emails
- Courtesy copies and blind courtesy copies
- AVOID sending an unfinished email
- Forgetting to attach files
- Attaching the wrong files
- Email writing task 3
MODULE 4: GETTING THE GRAMMAR RIGHT PART 1
- Active vs Passive Verbs and Sentences
- Avoid hanging sentences
- Email writing task 4
MODULE 5: GETTING THE GRAMMAR RIGHT PART 2
- Use transitional words correctly to link ideas
- Recognise and avoid common grammar errors
- Email writing task 5
MODULE 6: PLAN AND WRITE A BUSINESS REPORT
- Parts of a business report
- Formal and informal writing style
- Present information clearly in paragraphs
- Present and describe information clearly in charts or infographics
- Identify and credit your sources of secondary data
- Tips to make your report reader-friendly
- Report writing task part 1
MODULE 7: EDITING & REFINING FOR CLARITY
- Spot the mistakes in tone
- Check for appropriate content & message
- Proofread grammar, sentence structure, spelling, vocabulary and layout
- Is your written message concise and precise?
- Report writing task part 2
Interactive presentation, sample good reports and emails and lots of practical exercises.
There will be lots of opportunities for participants to ask questions. Writing tasks will be given throughout the session and personalised feedback will be given.
Bachelor of Electronic Engineering (Hons), University of Bristol, UK
TEFL Certification, Teacher Training International, London, UK
Emile is a corporate trainer and language coach. He specializes in business communication, business writing, grammar, presentation skills, customer service and general English.
Originally from Scotland, before making Malaysia his home, Emile worked in the United Kingdom, Turkey, Romania and Singapore.
Emile has written a book entitled From Manglish to English and maintains various websites, including roadtogrammar.com.
Years of experience, highest position
Emile has over 20 years of corporate working experience in a diverse range of industries including colleges, multinationals and small firms. His last position was in Learning Port Sdn Bhd as Head of Department, handling a team of 8-10.
Throughout his working career, he has held portfolios of head of department, product development manager and educational media specialist.
His highest achievements include building up a language centre for a Malaysian college, developing and designing a range of eLearning products, securing and carrying out training contracts with the public and private sector, running a production team and R&D work in the field of eLearning. Emile has also written a book entitled From Manglish to English. He runs several websites and has built up a social media following of over 100,000.
Trainings Experience and Clientele
He has trained hundreds of representatives from governmental ministry and large organisations that include:
Bank Negara Malaysia
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“This is the best program to improve English communication in the corporate world.” Nul Hussin Jamal , Mesiniaga Bhd
“The trainer is expert in the subject matter, encourages learning and pro-activeness in the audience participants. This training is recommended to those who are keen to learn.”-Jayne Chan, Human Capital Services- Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad.
“I can now confidently write straight to the point in all my correspondence and reports. The trainer was excellent.“ Maria Tuton, Sarawak Forestry
“I feel more confident in Email writing after the course. The trainer has provided very good handouts and exercises for us to practise. The trainer is excellent!” – Asmah M., Secrectary – Sarawak Forestry
“This course offers me a lot of useful information and the benefits in making email precise, clear and short reports” – James, Regional Fleet Management Officer - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
“I learn to avoid common mistakes and writing in the wrong tone.” Vanessa Teong, Assistant vice President– Malaysia Building Society Bhd
“This course should be in 3 days because it’s so interesting and so much to pick up. The most valuable lesson that I picked up was the right way to write emails and reports precisely” – Mohd Sarudin, Head of Department, MMC
"This is a great course to help us write in the modern and most simplistic manner to convey our message. It saves me a lot of time," Zauridah, Shell Brunei.
“Good points and tips provided throughout these 2 days training. The trainer was excellent and got the whole team to participate. I especially loved the section on “How to write negative news effectively and persuasively” – Uma, Project Manager IT Services – DHL Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 2,990.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,590.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 2,490.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Bank Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
3. HRD Corp Claimable Courses Skim Bantuan Latihan Khas (Applicable to Malaysian Employer Only)
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123