The workplace is becoming an ever more demanding and toxic environment. With individuals often having to deal with close deadlines, complex projects, vague working relationships and conflicting priorities with the utmost efficiency.
Missed deadlines, avoidable errors, complaints and conflicts are all things that most people would want to avoid, but unfortunately are having to endure on a regular basis. The impact on any organization of ineffective time management is clear, however the impact on the individual may be less obvious. Especially if they are using short-term coping strategies that seem to work, such as working excessive hours.
This course introduces time management tools and techniques that allow participants to manage their hectic schedules more effectively and feel more in control. The training also enables participants to identify areas of their job where time could be better utilized and take the necessary actions to achieve that.
At the end of this five day program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the biggest ‘time stealers’, which reduce their productivity and establish solutions to reduce or remove their negative impact.
- Acquire practical time management skills for scheduling, planning and prioritising work.
- Practise a range of recognised time management techniques such as effective delegation, assertively saying ‘no’ and negotiating alternates.
- Focus on key issues by effectively delegating routine tasks.
- Respond positively to workplace challenges and pressures.
- Plan and implement a personal time management strategy.
Who Must Attend
- Operational and Support Staff aiming to take more control of the way they spend and manage time.
- Engineers, Technicians and other technical / support staff.
- Corporate Services Professionals.
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers.
- Finance Managers, Planning Managers.
- Business Development Managers.
- ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Professionals.
• The significance of effective time management.
• Reasons for improving your time management skills.
• Identifying your greatest ‘time stealers’.
• Activity: Ice breaker exercise, small group & individual reflective exercise
• Guiding Principles of time and self-management
• Planning and controlling your workload
• Keeping yourself motivated to achieve tasks
• Reducing travel time and how to optimally use the time available to you
• Managing communication
• Activity: Small group exercise with feedback and group discussion
• Peak physiological performance and time
• Importance of breaks and the negative effects of stress
• Activity: Individual / Group exercise
• Ways to say ‘no’ assertively
• Identifying potential win-win solutions
• Activity: Demonstration, group discussion, pairs practical exercise
• Procrastination and how it affects your way to the top
• Need for task prioritisation and ‘Eating your frogs’
• Methods of task prioritisation
• Activity: Exercise and group discussion
• RACI Matrix
• Planning and prioritising your own workload
• Effective Delegation and Monitoring
• Benefits and art of effective delegation
• Activity: Demonstration, group exercise and facilitated group review
• Team skills matrix
• Identifying best person for the task
• Activity: Individual exercise with feedback and review
• Solutions for managing time effectively
• Time management strategies to resolve time stealers
• RECAP of the Five Day Course
• Activity: Individual reflective and action planning exercise
• Course Feedback
This course provides a very enriching learning experience to the participants and encourages them to actively participate in the proceedings. The 2-way communication principle is adopted whereby the delegates learn from the industry experience of the Trainer and at the same time are given opportunity to express their views and ideas. Depending on the expertise and capability of participants they would even be encouraged to present the learning during the course by themselves with a view to optimize the retention of the knowledge shared by the Trainer/ Facilitator.
The instructional format capitalizes on a careful balance of formal lectures by the Trainer and individual/ group exercises/ workshops. The Program will use following learning methods/ techniques:
- PowerPoint presentations and Lectures
- Daily Quizzes to determine the retention of knowledge and encourage attentiveness
- Exercises/ workshops/ Case studies to develop understanding of the topics covered
- Delegates will be encouraged to take active part in discussions and express their views/ ideas.
Presentations by the participants to give them confidence and for determining their understanding of the contents taught.
MS Industrial Engineering Mississippi State University
MBA from Institute of Business Administration
BE Mechanical Engineering from NED University of Engineering & Technology
Jandula is a Professional Development Trainer/ Speaker and a Mentor. He speaks on Operational Excellence, Safety Leadership and Oil and Gas Business Dynamics.
Jandula has demonstrated Safety Leadership, Training & Development, Mentoring and Communication Skills during his 30 years Operational and Training experience in Energy/ Oil & Gas and Manufacturing sectors. Apart from imparting Training, he has held Practical Leadership Roles in Plant Operations, Joint Ventures, Field Management and Procurement & Logistics.
A Professional Mechanical Engineer with Masters from USA and an MBA, Jandula has collaborated/ worked with Global Players/ Multinationals like Eni, OMV, MOL, PGNig, PPL (Formerly Burma Oil Company UK), and Al-Futaim UAE etc. Following are some of his major achievements:
- Ensured integrity of Plants and Pipeline network and achieved the hallmark of Three Million Safe Man-hours with no lost time Injury Frequency (LTIF) and 99.99% Station Reliability of State of the art Plant.
- Managed 13 E&P (Exploration and Producing) Industrial Assets and increased the profitability by 7% through effective Assets Integrity Management Systems and Optimized Operations.
- Managed 425 MMCFD Gas Field with 150 KM Pipeline Network and Compression / Dehydration and Processing
A partial list of delegates in his previous programs/ conferences include companies such as:
ENGEN South Africa
Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy, Republic of Mozambique
SABIC Saudi Arabia
Nigeria National Oil Company
Among his participants, Jandula is known for his pleasing personality and applicable tools and interactive style of presentation.
He is able to cross refer the training contents with the real life work situations and uses a wide variety of specific industry case studies. He encourages the delegates to actively participate in the proceedings and uses workshops and role play models to enable the participants grasp the concepts and apply in their respective work areas when they go back to work after attending the trainings.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|MYR 5,370.00 per pax|
|Sign up 1 person|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 3,870.00 per pax|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 days before course starts|
|MYR 3,570.00 per pax|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
Contact us: ITRAININGEXPERT GLOBAL PLT
Tel:+603 8074 9056 | +603 8082 3707
Mobile: +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123